Kirt David Bravo Mercado
- Associate Degree in Health Science Education from Ateneo de Cagayan
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Ateneo de Cagayan
- Masters in Nursing – Liceo de Cagayan University
- Associate Degree in Theology from Calvary Chapel Bible College – Philippines
*Passed the Philippine Nursing Licensure Exam December 2007
*Completed STAR MAGIC Advanced Voice Workshop Batch 2015 Year End Class
Jazz, Standard, Mowtown, Power Ballad, Pop Ballad, Pop Classic, Pop, Soul, Alternative Rock, Pop Rock, Theatre, Gospel
VOCAL RANGE: Tenor
VOCAL INFLUENCES: Richard Poon, Michael Buble, Josh Groban, Martin Nievera, Gary Valenciano, Chris Tomlin, Phil Wickham
1. Nursing Idol 2005 (XU) – 1st Placer
2. Nursing Star 2006 (LDCU) – GRAND CHAMPION
3. Valentine Duets 2007 (Limketkai Mall) – GRAND CHAMPION
*David was a member of the Ateneo de Cagayan University Glee Club in 2005.
*David started his career as the host of Mindanao Pop Idol in 2006-2007. He hosted beside Darnel Cabaneros and the show aired on a local channel in Northern Mindanao.
*David was one of the 179 who passed the nationwide auditions for GMA’s Pinoy Idol (American Idol Franchise) in 2008. He was the last remaining Mindanao auditionee in the show before he was cut at the formation of the Top 24 contestants.
*In 2009, David was also one of the lucky Filipino artists who were called and passed the invite-only auditions for the World Championship of Performing Arts 2009 (WCOPA), which was to be held in Hollywood, California. His team included the likes of Oreo Vamenta, Frenchie Dy, and Ralph Salazar. Unfortunately, despite the endorsement of then President, Gloria Arroyo, David did not make it to the competition due to setbacks in the processing of his VISA. Auditions were held at Stages Talent Agency Office in Makati.
* In 2019, David re-auditioned for the 23rd Annual World Championship of Performance Arts and passed once again. This time, with an approved US Visa, he was selected as an official delegate for the competition, which was held in Long Beach, California on July 12-21, 2019. In this 2019 international talent olympics where performers from more than 70 countries competed, David brought pride to the Philippines by winning an array of awards and recognitions, such as Triple Overall Division Champion and Multi-Gold Medalist. He took home three (3) division champion plaques, four (4) gold medals, one (1) silver medal, and two (2) bronze medals.
After his successes in the World Championships of Performing Arts, David has been a trusted delegate by the Department of Tourism and the Tourism Promotions Board. He has been sent to host and perform in tourism events abroad, such as the Busan International Trade Fair held in Busan, Korea, the Philippine Business Mission to North China, which was a string of events held in Tianjin, Zhengzhou, and Chengdu), and the ASEAN Travel Forum 2020 held in Brunei.
*David is a composer/songwriter. One of his songs, “A Song Like Love”, was included in the Mindanao Pop Idol Album entitled “For You”.
*His other songs include “Paano Magpaalam” and “Pinangarap Kita.” His latest release is a single in collaboration with his band, Chasing Goliath. The song is entitled “Balang Araw” and is available on Spotify, iTunes, and all other major digital streaming platforms worldwide.
*In 2018, David wrote the song “Dreamer” for the non-profit talent organization, DreamBoard Artists. The song is currently available on Spotify and all MAJOR digital streaming platforms.
*In January 2019, David collaborated with well-respected composer and FILSCAP member, Michael De Lara. De Lara wrote, arranged, and produced a nationalistic anthem entitled “Tayo’y Magkaisa,” while David sang the song.
*David also composed and recorded the company jingles of the following businesses: St. Louis Review Center – CDO, Peak Excellence Review Center, and Atecles Grill.
*David is a speaker and mentor for various subjects including Hosting, Performing, and Personality Development.
*David is the Voice Coach of 2013 and 2014’s edition of Barangay Gwapo by ABS CBN Northern Mindanao.
*David was one of the lead singers of ABS-CBN Northern Mindanao’s local version of their Christmas Station ID, “Magkasama Tayo sa Kwento ng Pasko” in 2013 appearing first and last in the Music Video.
*David was again cast as one of the lead singers for ABS-CBN Northern Mindanao’s local version of their Christmas Station ID in 2014.
*In the 2013 Dreamboard Artists Awards Night, David was awarded
1. Dreamboard Artist of the Year 2013 – Male Category
2. Most Requested Dreamboard Artist 2013 – Male Category
3. Leadership Award 2013 – Male Category
*In 2014 Dreamboard Artists Awards Night, David was awarded
1. Dreamboard Artist Host of the Year 2014 – Male Category
2. Leadership Award 2015 – Male Category
On December 29, 2019, David was recognized as an Outstanding Male Events Host-Singer by Lustre Awards 2019 at the Metro Fashion Ball 2019 held at the Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria. David was awarded alongside notable names from various industries in fashion, news, and entertainment.
David has always participated in the largest songwriting competition in the Philippines called “Himig Handog.” It was in 2020 that 2 of his original songs got shortlisted into the Top 818 out of the 2000 plus entries. As the competition progressed, his composition Kahit Kunwari Man Lang made it to the grand finals. The song is interpreted by two of the Philippines’ top celebrity artists — Agsunta and Moira dela Torre. David won “Most Streamed Song Award” in the competition. To this date, the song has garnered over 10 Million overall streams and counting.
The song is available on all digital platforms. An official music video was released on YouTube. David had a quick cameo in the music video.
For more information about David, click: http://www.clix.com.ph/david-mercado-the-complete-package/